Thank you for choosing FirstMed for your STD Panel PCR Test. This lab test detects sexually transmitted infections by the presence of a small amount of DNA (genetic material) in a sample taken from the urine or genitals.
Process of the STD Panel PCR Test:
- Purchase this STD Panel PCR Test here in our webshop.
- Book a 15-minute visit to have your sample taken for the test.
- Our lab will take care of evaluating the sample.
- You will get the final test result electronically within 8 working days.
Before getting the STD Panel PCR Test, please consider the following for an accurate result:
- Do not use any kinds of medicinal products around the genitals (ointments, brushes), antibiotics, and fungicides, as these can distort the results of the test.
- For women, STD sampling cannot be done during menstruation.
- Men should not urinate for at least 1.5-2 hours before getting an STD Panel PCR Test.
- Sexual intercourse should be avoided in the three days before the screening.
The STD Panel PCR Test does not need fasting; you may eat and drink before the test.
DECLARATION OF ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By purchasing an STD Test at FirstMed, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the below information:
Although the STD testing methods are accurate and reliable, there is always a chance of a false negative result, which may originate from a more extended incubation period or a possible sampling error. In some circumstances, and to get complete certainty, it may be necessary to repeat the screening.
FirstMed’s STD Tests are carried out by taking a sample and processing it in a lab. It includes only the testing procedure and does not cover the specification of the proper test, the indication of an investigation, the establishment of a diagnosis, or the interpretation of the results.
Please make an appointment for a doctor’s consultation if you have any questions. In case of a positive result or if symptoms occur, you should have a medical examination, as STDs can have serious health consequences.